Sunday 23 March 2014

I Don't Cook On Days That End In Y...



Hello lovelies!

Ever had the feeling where it's got to the end of the day, you've just got in from work or a long day elsewhere and you're soooo hungry. You open the fridge, have a look around. Nope nothing there. Move to the cupboard, have a look. (And when I say look, I mean simply LOOK, no moving things!) Back to the fridge. This process continues until you finally decide on a throw it all together meal, run to the shops for some ingredients or just simply reach for the take out menus? Anyone? Because I know that was a daily occurrence for me before I started this....

I was bored of constantly having the same process every day and noticed that I was spending a lot of extra, unnecessary money on daily trips to Tesco or on Fast Food. I also was very wary of the fact that eating take out a lot is not good for you! Well, for me anyway- a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips seems to be the way for me. 

Enough was Enough.

I decided to make a weekly food plan, decide every week what I would be eating for dinner and then Stick.To.It!!!! At first I used scrap pieces of paper to jot down my ideas, but I soon found that these were getting lost and then soon crept in to the old ways! For my birthday I received a Next voucher and was having a nosy in there when Martin spotted this Meal Planner. Needless to say I loved it (especially as it matches my red theme kitchen).



Since planning my meals I can honestly say cooking has been a lot easier. It has also had the added advantage that I only buy what I need to from the weekly food shop, resulting in a lower weekly food budget and no sweet treats! Even better for the waistline!

If you have this daily problem, I urge you to think about this, and perhaps share your experience? What are your favourite go to meals?

11 comments:

  1. Good idea!! I am so guilty of not being orgainised with my cooking. I may have to start meal planning would save loads xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely do it- makes saving money a lot easier! :) xx

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea! I need to get a little board to write everything down.Very organised.xx

    whimsicalmrsw.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! I love being organised! There is something so satisfying about it! :) xx

      Delete
  3. Aw this is a really great idea! I'm the same I can never find anythng to eat in the house so always eat out or just snack on things all day. I need to do this but first I think I need to learn how to cook ha
    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was like that to start but you soon learn... perhaps I could do a post about what I cook, would that be of interest to you? :) xx

      Delete
  4. This is such a good idea, we usually do a meal plan for the week on a scrap piece of paper which mid week does a disappearing act, which then results in us going back to the same old boring meals, the board is a super cute idea I need to get my hands on one asap :)

    I definitely find my meals are more healthy when they are planned out and helps me stay on track with my weight loss x

    http://lauralourambleswithyou.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do it! It really helps you stick to it!! Until I got the board, like I say I would always lose them which meant I went off track.

      Totally agree with you on the healthy side of things too! I would love to know what sorts of meals you cook!

      xxx

      Delete
  5. Hey! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award :) This award is just a way of saying I really like your blog and letting other people know about your blog. Please find all the info here: http://fierceobsession.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/liebster-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you very much lovely! I am a bit behind on posts and organising at the moment but I will get round to it asap!!! Thank you again :) xxx

      Delete
  6. This is such a good idea, me & my fiancé recently bought our first house and we would save loads from wasting if we did this! Would love to try it.
    Rachel x
    Strawberry Sundaes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...