Monday 17 February 2014

23 | Birthday Princess


Hello lovelies!
Firstly I have to apologise for my absence and the lack of posts! I have had a very busy couple of weeks, with Valentines Day and before that, my 23rd birthday!
So I thought I would let you in on how I celebrated my birthday and show you a couple of pictures. Now I HAD planned to take lots of photos to document and to show you all, but I had such an amazing time that taking photos skipped my mind!


So my birthday was on Friday 7th February, and I hadn't booked the day off, so naturally had to get up early and go to work. My lovely boyfriend, Martin woke up with me and gave me my present: Tickets to go to Warner Bro Studios Harry Potter Tour! I am slightly obsessed with Harry Potter and have been wanting to go for a long long time so as you can guess I was extremely excited and grateful for this amazing present! I will be going at the end of March and I can't wait. 



Normally, Martin gets in from work before me and today he was banking on this as he told me I would have suprises when I got in. Unfortunately, once at work I got sick and had to come home! Brilliant I know. I think this is the only birthday I've ever not been well! So the whole day I spent ill in bed or asleep. Bummer. This also meant I was now in when Martin got home from work, which spoilt the surprise element but he still treated me like a princess by cooking for me (and looking after me now that I was poorly).


For Starters: Leek and Potato Soup My favourite. Also with my favourite wine- Rose White Zinfandel! (Unfortunately I didn't drink any this night due to feeling poorly!) The table decorated with candles too!

Main meal: Lemon Grilled Chicken and Rice
(If you have read my previous posts, you will know Chicken is my favourite!)

Birthday Weekend

On Saturday morning, my Mum and Dad, Sister and her Boyfriend and close family friends all came to my house from 'down south' ! It's always lovely to see my family as I don't live with them but this was extra special for birthday celebrations! When they arrived they brought with them lots of presents for me so that was (of course) my first job! I was extremely lucky this year, as I always am and my family did amazing! Again, I planned to take pictures of my gifts but got too excited about them and used them all. Once presents were all opened, my family and I went for two games of bowling which was brilliant. Never have I seen a group of people get so competitive! After bowling we went out for dinner to.... you guessed it, Harvester- my favourite restaurant! I had the chicken breast and new potatoes with the chilli and spring onion sauce. Tasted amazing, as always! Once pigging out at Harvester, we all came back to our house and spent the rest of the evening drinking and playing games such as Taboo and Reverse Charades! 

I had such a brilliant weekend and am so grateful for everything all my loved ones did for me and to help me celebrate!


My gifts included:

Superdry Wind Cheat Coat 
I do a lot of walking with Martin at the weekends and I wanted a coat that I can wear that will keep me warm and dry. Something which is a little more suitable that my 'nice' coat I wear day to day :)
Black Hat from River Island 
I have been wanting a black hat like this for a long time. Normally I am not a hat person at all, but since I have been growing my hair out I have been really wanting one, but could never find one that had the 'right width' brim. When I saw this one I asked my parents for it as I loved it and put it on as soon as I got it! I think I may have been turned to a hat lover!
Brown Bag from Matalan

This bag was from my Godmother and she clearly knows me well as I love it! I have always loved big bags (though none of my family can understand why I ever need to carry around a 'suitcase'!) I changed my bag to this one straight away and have been using it since.



Another one of my presents is something which I cannot show a picture of as it is an experience rather than a tangible gift. Mum and Dad got me a Mac make up session for 1 hour and then £30 worth voucher to spend afterwards. As you may guess I am SO excited for this and can't wait for the weekend after next for it. I will make sure to take pictures and let you know what products I decide to buy!

I received lots of other little gifts but it is safe to say that I have been a very lucky girl!




I hope you have found this an interesting read and it's given you some ideas of how to celebrate your birthdays/ special events! How do you like to spend your birthday?




2 comments:

  1. that sucks that you where ill on your b'day :( .ps. your cake is amazing

    Jorden xx http://fourbluemondays.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, like I say I have never been ill on my birthday- Typical!! Cake was brilliant I know, thanks go to Martin for that one :) Tasted amazing too :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...