Tuesday 28 January 2014

My Most Used iPhone Apps




It's typical, that as soon as I decide I want to start a blog, I haven't had time to do any of the blog posts I had planned/wanted to do. As a compromise for the moment I have chosen to do a blog post on My Most Used Iphone Apps. I know that this can be a useful post and hope that is gives some ideas for any of you that are looking for new apps! Some of them are common so won't need much explaining, but others I will let you know what they do. Enjoy!


Any Do
This app is similar to the reminders/notes app that comes already with your iPhone/iPad. I love this app as it gives you space to write all of your tasks with a little tick box next to them. You have the option to choose whether the task needs to be done today or tomorrow or another day. It also gives you the opportunity to set a reminder alarm through the app. The bit I love most about this app is once you have completed the task, you simply swipe across the task and it crosses it out! It's so satisfying one you have completed things you need to do! 

Facebook
I am sure you are all aware of what the 'Facebook' app does! I rarely post on Facebook any more but, like many I'm sure, I do like it to keep a sneaky peak at what my friends are doing!

Amazon
This, again is an app which you may be familiar with. I find myself shopping on Amazon a lot and especially on my phone when all of my details are saved so I can buy with one click! It can become very addictive. I tend to buy a lot of stationary and make up supplies from Amazon.

Instagram
This app is very much like Facebook for me. I first got Instagram back when it first came out, and used it mainly for editing photos, to then later realise that it was a form of social media! I can't say I've really 'got' the Instagram obsession yet. Like Facebook, I just enjoy looking at other people's accounts! I keep saying to myself I am going to use it more myself but rarely like taking pictures of myself and always forget other things! Perhaps this blog will urge me to use it more.

Twitter
Twitter, on the other hand is the one form of social media I use the most. I still go through stages where I am absent for a while and then there are other days where I can post tonnes! All down to lack of time!

Timehop
This app is a recent find for me and I love it! It uses your social media accounts to go back in time (time hop!) and see what pictures/posts you put on that particular day 1,2,3,4 years ago! It's definitely funny to see how much my life has changed in as little as four years (Or indeed how many aspects have stayed the same). Check it out, it's definitely an eye opener.

Deezer
This is a bit of a naughty one. I use the BF's account for this app. For those of you who don't know what Deezer is, it is a music app, very similar to spotify. It allows you to search songs or browse through suggested playlists and listen to them via internet. Alternatively there is an option for you to sync the songs to your phone and then you can listen to them on the go without data! Perfect for a girl like me who loves music!

YouTube
Again, a self explanatory app. I am far too obsessed with YouTube and many varieties of YouTube channels, ranging from Zoella and Tanya Burr to SacconeJolys. I am sure no more description is needed for this!

Google Maps
This app is a life saver for me. I use it so much, for simply looking up where places are in relation to me (my spacial awareness and sense of direction is apalling!) or using it as SATNAV in my car. A much better option than Apple Maps in my opinion.

Blogger
This is, as you can guess, a recent app for me. I try to make sure I get down ideas while I'm out, on the go. I'm sure this will become a very well used app for me, however I have little experience with it. What are your thoughts?

4od / BBCiplayer / ITV Player
Love these apps, although I tend to use them most on my iPad as my iPhone screen is much too small for my eyes! I find that I am rarely watching live TV, and always miss my favourite programmes so these apps are Perfect!

Find My iPhone
I cannot count the amount of times I have used this app. The name tells it all- it's an app used to find your phone when needed. Now, when I say I have used it a lot, it is not because it's been stolen or lost while I am out and about. No, it's mostly because I lose it in the house! There is an option for you to make your phone make a noise, even when on silent (which mine always is, much to the annoyance of my friends) so it makes it really easy to find it!

Pinterest
I love pictures, of all kinds (which is weird that this blog post has so little :/ will improve this in future) so this app is right up my street. From hair and make up, to home decor, it covers all of my interests and fuels many of my ideas for a variety of things. Come and see me over there...My Pinterest

Piggies
This is a novelty app, that I use when I play with my guinea pigs. For those of you who have guinea pigs, you will know that they make a lot of funny noises. This app shows which noises mean what. However, my guinea pigs also respond to the sounds as though its another piggie!! Brilliant to check out if you have piggies yourself.

Tetris
I have little to say about this app other than I LOVE it. Play on it all of the time. If any of you have never played (please say none!) then go play!! That is all.

Whatsapp
Most people I know don't have iPhones like me, so whatsapp is the way I communicate with them. I tend to send pictures as a form of communication so this is the way I do it. I know there are a lot of other apps to use similar to this but this one I have found to be the best, what are your thoughts?

Pixlr Express
My favourite photo editing tool! I think it's brilliant that you can get it as an app on iPhone, iPad or you can use it online! I rarely use an unedited photo :/ Can't be just me?



I'm sorry that this has been a lot of text, but I hope you found my thought of some use. Let me know if you use any of these and be sure to check some new ones out! What are your Most Used iPhone (or other smartphone) Apps?!?!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...